Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: Does anyone know who this is?

Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:57:19 -0500
Subject: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2]

I recall reading about (in GDWs stuff) a US system called Assault
Breaker which was a theatre level system deployed against massed
armour and mechanized infantry assaults to destroy the AFVs. I can't
remember if it was rockets or arty, but it was supposedly
devastating. Now, given that my MBT can now have a top armour of 3-5
in SG2 terms (which translates to 3d12 to 5d12 for amour roll) and AT
artillery attacks at 2xd12 for Impact, I'm thinking that some larger
nastier form of AT artillery would be deployed so as to make such
arty a viable threat to things larger than a size 2 APC.

Anyone have any suggestions for alternate (and perhaps more deadly)
area or theatre based anti-armour systems? Specifically those
deployed by air, arty or rocket launcher?

Thomas.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: Does anyone know who this is?