Prev: [FT] Evasive Maneuvers Next: Re: [FT] Evasion

RE: [FT] Evasion

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 07:59:30 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Evasion

At 09:39 AM 11/18/98 -0000, you wrote:
>This is like SFB Erratic Maneuvering.
>
>Three thrust seems OK as a number and makes it impossible for
>lumbering hulks to EM. An E in the movement orders, simple good.
>
>Exceptions for area effect weapons OK.
>
>I'm not so comfortable with the +one -one bit on ioming and outgoing
fire.
>Is the reduction on the to hit number or the damage? Give an example.
It
>will lead to too much exception accounting, even if it is simple maths.

I think that the mechanism is pretty simple, but my descriptive skills
leave much to be desired.  What I meant works is this:
     The attacker fires a class three beam battery at an evading ship.
     The die rolls are 4, 6, and 3.
     Because the target is evading, each die is reduced by one--making
the
rolls effectively 3, 5, and 2.	And the target suffers one point of
damage.

That's it.  Trust me, I don't want to add paperwork to this process
either.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: [FT] Evasive Maneuvers Next: Re: [FT] Evasion