Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres

From: "Colfox" <monty88@f...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 02:40:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres

Somebody on one side of an arguement said:

> > only if both are equally easy to kill. the point of the maus is that
it
is
> > harder to kill, having thicker armour. thus, fewer are destroyed.

Somebody on the other side replied:

> Drop 5 inch rocket on either, and they go away.

All right, I'm confused.  While the WW2 tank bit was straying off-topic,
and I don't play SG or DS, I was still following the thread,
because....well, actually I'm not sure why...

Anyway, if you're talking WW2, the odds of someone hitting anything with
5 inch rocket back then, especially the top of a tank was effectively
nil.
Did they even have them then?

If you're not talking about WW2 tanks anymore, then why name WW2 tanks
in
the same sentence as rockets.  You're straying so much we're getting
apples-and-oranges arguments into it.

If you're talking about the future of tanks (appropriate for the list),
then whether a 5 inch rocket will kill a tank or not is entirely up to
your
vision of the future.  It is the FUTURE after all, ie. we're going to
have
to wait and see...

I think this thread has wandered around so much, the participants don't
even know what it's about anymore.  You have devolved into attacking
minor
points in each other's posts and forgotten the point of the thread,
whatever that is.  Take it off list, please.

While arguing about the "trees", keep an eye on the "forest", please.
(Hey, that even rhymes!  hehe....)

--Colfox