Prev: Core Systems Next: Re: Supertank?

Re: Core Systems

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:30:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Core Systems

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:50:50   Los wrote:

>While we're on the new rules thing what about a internal gravity being
a core
>system . Thingk what happens to the crew of a destroyer if it's in the
middle
>of a 35G turn and the inertial dampeners go out. Just thinking.....

I dunno, why not just stick it in with Life Support? Having a separate
system where the failure table looks like...

1-3 Extreme greyout/blackout. Ship drifts for d6 turns, 4-6 Crew reduced
to a red paste. Ship drifts indefinitely.

... doesn't seem like much fun. Besides, the only ships to be making
those sorts of radical turns are so small and crunchy they tend to die
quick enough anyhow.

Come to think of it, given the time scale of FT, are the turns being
made all that radical anyhow?

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

Prev: Core Systems Next: Re: Supertank?