Prev: Re: GEV capabilities Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: The cat that walks by Himself <catwalk@i...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:05:50 +0000
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

As part of the shooting at tanks in the Gulf War series I am reminded of
the
British Scorpion recon tank that was hit by an M1. The shot went through
the
tank wounding one crewman and seriously wounding another, the Scorpion
bugged
back to base and arrived as a news crew was doing a live feed back to
Britain.
Why did the M1 shoot at the Scorpion? Because the Iraqis had captured a
small
number (three I believe) from the Iranians in the previous Gulf War.

Prev: Re: GEV capabilities Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres