Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: [FT] White Star minis, part II

Re: More Fleet Book errata

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:02:50 -0700
Subject: Re: More Fleet Book errata

>Samuel Reynolds wrote:
>
>> The first is in the Der Theuerdank Fighter Carrier, on p. 26.
>> Recent discussion on the list corrected the armor boxes from
>> 15 to 14, but it also has the wrong crew factor: it shows
>> a crew factor of 10 in both the Specs and the SSD, but this
>> should be 11 (220/20=11).
>
>True.
>
>> The second is the Assault Transport on p. 42.
>> It is listed as TMF:120, NPV:377. However, the ship
>> as shown would be 316 Points, with 6 mass unused.
>
>Um... no, 351 points with 6 mass unused. You've forgotten to pay for
the
>troop quarters and one of the three mass 1 weapons here.

Huh? There's only *one* mass-1 weapon: a single class-1 beam
battery.

>> Adding a Level-1 Screen brings this to 337 Points,
>
>I get the cost to 369 points. This time you've definitely forgotten to
>pay for the troop quarters. Still, 396 != 377 :-(

396 also != 369, but I know what you mean.

>Regards,
>
>Oerjan Ohlson
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

I mis-typed that number; it should have been 319 points,
not 316. Here's my numbers:

Assault Transport, p.42

 Point Cost		319
 Unallocated Mass	6

 Hull Displacement			(120)	120
 Ship Type		Military
 Hull Strength		Weak		24	48
 Thrust 		2		12	24
 FTL Capable				12	24

 Beam / 1		(1)		1	3
 Fire Control System	(1)		1	4
 PDS			(2)		2	6
 Hangar Bay		Cap: 20 mass	30	90
			of small craft
 Cargo Space		T8 T8 T8 T8	32	0
					----	----
					114	319
 Unallocated Mass			(6)

Adding the screen:

 Level 1 Screen 			6	18
					----	----
					120	337
 Unallocated Mass			(0)

I assumed that the landers weren't included, since other
hangars (fighter bays) in the FB were priced empty.
If I add the cost of the landers:

 Mass 5 Lander		(4)		-	40
					----	----
					114	377

So I guess the landers make up the difference, so the
FB listing appears to be missing the screen generator.
Guess I need to add "interface vehicle" to my Designer.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: [FT] White Star minis, part II