Prev: Re: FT: Stellar Conquest Campaign Next: [FT - PBeM] Empress Arianna Tournament Finals Matches

Re: Ship Endurance

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:16:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship Endurance

Tron wrote:

> >Here's what I'm thinking of doing.  I'm going to be using Stellar
> >Conquest as campaign system.  Every fourth turn has a production
phase.
> >Ship maintence per turn is going to be the NPV/12.  From one economic
> >phase to the next, the maintence cost will be 1/3 the cost of the
ship.
> >All hulls include one months endurance built in.  Each mass of cargo
can
> >carry 10 economic points for all purposes, including supply.
> >

> How big a map are you using, and is it a GZG based campaign ?
>
> I often wondered what a GZG based Stellar Conquest game would turn out
like.
> The Traveller 2300 universe was apparently created on the back of
global
> conquest game run at GDW (I have am address for the site somewhere).
Each
> player played  a group of earth countries and fought for domination.
The
> political powers that survived  formed the background for the 2300.
Quite a
> neat idea.  One could do the same for the GZG universe ...
>
> And is there anyone else on the list who played an FT SC game ?

It is a standard Stellar Conquest map, 20.5 x 32 hexes, 656 hexes
total.	54 stars, each star with between 1 and 3 useable planets (I
removed the worst cards, including all the NUP's, from the deck).  The
players will not know what is at each star, until the investigate it.
This is not a GZG genre game.  I don't really care for the official
background, but love the game systems.

IAS

Prev: Re: FT: Stellar Conquest Campaign Next: [FT - PBeM] Empress Arianna Tournament Finals Matches