Prev: Re: Gulf War "Source" P*ssing Match (hehe...) Next: Re: [ds] supporting sources

[FT] White Star Miniatures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:39:11 -0500
Subject: [FT] White Star Miniatures

I just returned from the Philadelphia Science Fiction convention, and I
managed to obtain some new miniatures...from the art show, no less.  A
guy
there was selling a game that he had made, and the pewter pieces to go
with
it.  I don't know much about the game--it's a board game called Trekker,
played on a 3-d board--but the ships are not bad at all.  As of last
year,
all he had were simplified and stylized Sar Trek ships, but this year he
had some B5ish looking ships as well.  The Shadows, Vorlons, and a third
race (I don't remember the name, but they have the ships that look a
little
like plows) are not bad, and the Narn ships are quite nice (if a bit
small
compared to the existing Narn miniatures).  The best, though, was the
race
called the "White Dwarfs".  These are excellent little White Stars.  The
size is nice; they are about an inch long, 3/4 of an inch wide, and
about
1/4 inch high.	My winning bid was $10.00 for eight of them, but I am
not
sure what they will be retailing for.  His page is at:
http://www.erols.com/stumer/ndx.html/Trekkersfleet.htm

He has pictures of all the figures, and it is worth taking a look at
them.
Keep in mind, though, that these are not big miniatures.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Gulf War "Source" P*ssing Match (hehe...) Next: Re: [ds] supporting sources