Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 15:34:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

	Howdy!

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 PERRYG1@aol.com wrote:

>  Really? May I ask what your sources are? I'm just curious, as
everything
>  I've ever read has stated they never did anything more than drive
around a
>  proving ground w/ dummy turrets attached. And I believe the Russians
blew
>  one up that they captured intact after overrunning a proving ground..
>   >>
> Noted armor author Steve Zolaga mentions the rumors of at least one of
the
> Maus seeing combat but I don't remember the source. I'll see if I can
find it
> and post it.

	I've read the same thing.  A few sources have both Maus
defending
the factory, but I have never been able to find exactly how far the
second
was completed.	It *did* have a turret, but weaponry was vague.

	The completed one was captured by the Russians and is now at
Kubinka.  The other was destroyed... I think... :)

	Ken

Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres