Prev: Gulf 91 v Europe 85 Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Gulf War "Source" P*ssing Match (hehe...)

From: "Colfox" <monty88@f...>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 05:53:18 -0600
Subject: Gulf War "Source" P*ssing Match (hehe...)

Chris Lowrey wrote:

> > sources to be absolutely correct in all aspects.  Question your
sources
like
> > you question those of the person you disagree with.  Ten people in
the
same
> > room, witnessing the same crime, will always result in ten different
> > stories.

John Atkinson replied:

> Not analogous situation.

Now me:

Oh, really?  While I'll admit that whether a tank is destroyed or not is
pretty much a statement of fact (like the fact that a crime has
occured),
HOW the damage happened to a tank, and the weapon used would quite
likely
depend on who you asked (the 10 witnesses).  I think it's a good analogy
for combat AAR's.

I think the important point of Mr. Lowrey's post was that it is quite
possible for two equally reliable sources to not agree 100%.

--Colfox

----

The universe exists in chaos.
Man is the measure of the universe.
The ultimate chaos of man's existence is the human endeavor called war.
By mastering war, we master the universe.
	(from one of the _War World_ books...)

Prev: Gulf 91 v Europe 85 Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres