Prev: Re: Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:59:49 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

	Howdy!

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Tony Wilkinson wrote:

>	Never seen any of them side by side except T55 and Lepard II.
The Question
> then is how much smaller? I'm not using any dimensions here I'm just
> sticking things where I think they will fit and works over all.

	The Tiger is smaller, but it may still be the same size class
(4?).  Each size class has a range of variation; maybe the M1 is on the
high end of 4, and the tiger on the low end.

>	As for size 5 tanks, its all relative. You can safely ignore the
Maus,
> Tortise and T100? (T10 maybe?) as none ever served (unless you did
mean T10
> which is not that much bigger than JSU's). Scaling in this way gives a
> range of variation that makes things a bit more interesting and gives
the
> various armies a certain flavour. This sort of thing will work if you
are
> using tanks of 50 years ago against tanks 50 years hence but your
scaling
> will be very different. I think we basically agree here and its really
> matter of wether you want to do just WWII (or modern) with a bit more
> detail or be very broad and generic.

	Two Maus' fought in defense of their factory, so they did see
SOME
combat. :)

	You can be broad and generic and still have flavour and detail.
understand what you are saying, though.

	Laterish,

	Ken

Prev: Re: Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres