Prev: Re: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:50:41 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

	Howdy!

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Let's not forget--M-1A1 (HA)s have been spanked thoroughly by BMPs and
> T-62s, and once by an RPG that got into the turret ring.  Ooops.

	Not often.  The M1 can take rather *withering* amounts of
punishment.  You should have heard the Army guys at Aberdeen after the
Gulf War... :)

	And hey, when *any* turret ring is spanked hard, no tank is
going
to do much in the way of traversing. :)

> When I play the straight modern games, they are Size 4, Armor 4R
> (Simulates greater effectiveness of Composite armor, I know they don't
> have reactive armor), Fast Tracked, with Superior FiCon, HVC/5, and
> 2xAPSWs (Co-ax, .50 cal.  The loader shouldn't have his ass hanging
out
> the turret playing infantryman.  He should be loading.)

	This makes sense.  Also a good design.

> When I'm using my modern minis to simulate lower-tech GZG-verse
troopies
> (Americans with grav scout vehicles become the Sword of the Messiah,
the
> Georgian troops), they are pretty much the same, but downgraded to Enh
> FiCon and upgraded to Enh ECM, and no Reactive armor.  I don't think
> we'd be seeing any straight unmodified 200-year old vehicles in 2183
any
> more than we see modern armies using Brown Besses and smoothbore
9lbrs.
> YMMV, of course.

	:)

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks