Prev: Re: FT: ICEBREAKER Next: Re: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres

RE: [OT] Quad-S?

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:40:04 -0600
Subject: RE: [OT] Quad-S?

>	Apperently someone has come out with a new space combat game
> called Quad-S.  Does anyone have any info on it?
>
> The company's WWW site is located at: http://www.erie.net/~archon/

I picked up the first 2 sourcebooks and will pick up the rest eventually
(I
am a space combat game addict and must have everything that comes out,
plus
I'm always looking for more, hint, hint ;)

Quad-S (Strategic Starship Skirmish System) is hex based.  Each race has
their own sourcebook and everything you need to play is in that
sourcebook.
Each race is different with weapons, defensive systems, and movement
varying
by race.  Some will use a simplified energy allocation, some don't deal
with
energy at all (like FT).  Each ship has a diagram similar to FT which
takes
up a full page (but this could be reduced).  Screens can be alabative
like
FT2.5 armor or limit hits like screens.  It all depends on the race your
playing.  The author pushes fair play and no cheese.  There are no
construction system currently available.

Overall complexity is around FT to a bit more complex, depending on the
race.  Sourcebook quality is pretty good quality Desk top published with
color cover and b&w interior with a spiral binding.  Be the first one in
your area to buy a copy and get some price breaks.  If you get all the
sourcebooks it would get pricey (6x$15) but you don't need them all to
play.

If anyone has specific questions, let me know,

Dean
dean.gundberg@noridian.com

Prev: Re: FT: ICEBREAKER Next: Re: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres