Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG] Interface Next: RE: SGII Newbie Question

Re: New TBMD Laser

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 01:03:32 +1100
Subject: Re: New TBMD Laser

At 21:03 2/09/98 -0400, Los wrote:
>According to the article, one three-second burst destroys a missle. So
it's not
>a pulse but a sustained beam that lasts a few seconds. You're right,
must
be a
>hell of a lot of energy. I suppose it could kill an A/C jsut as easy if
not
>easier, assuming it could track it through manuevers.

Of course, if the pilot is not wearing his laser-proof Ray-ban's, he may
be
in a whole S***-load of grief. As some navies have found, even signal
lasers are quite nasty. There was an article on this in Red Thrust Star
last year, I don't think it's still on line. Very, very nasty.

Bruce

Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG] Interface Next: RE: SGII Newbie Question