Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG] Interface Next: Marine Contingents

Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

From: Jonathan White <Jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:54:56 +0000
Subject: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

>O.k., if everyone wants to take me up on the offer I'll offer the
>following migration proposal:
Looks like there's general approval so..

>1) I'll set up the new full list on csua.berkeley.edu.  Thats the
>machine I run all my big lists from.  Beefy FreeBSD/AMD box.
Nice!

>2) If wanted, I can set up a new "special" list on
>wraith.cs.colorado.edu.  Thats a much smaller box that I use to run
>more private, less bandwidth intensive lists.	Easy to make it a
>closed list and all.
I'm posting a message on the 'special' list today if I get the chance.

>3) I'd like to start with a current list of all members, so people
>won't have to subscribe to the new list.  Much faster migration that
>way.
'Kay. I'll get the list of subscribers as a text doc to you as soon as.

			TTFN
				Jon
-----
"Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be liberated and
expensive"
Jonathan White, Psychology Section, Bolton Institute
BWFC fans list site : www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG] Interface Next: Marine Contingents