Prev: Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:50:01 -0700
Subject: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:13:02 -0500, Jerry Han writes:
>Hi everybody,
>
>Finally catching up on this thread...
>
>Matthew Seidl wrote:
>> 4) A Note, I'll add auto archiving and a digest version of the list,
>> since thats basically what my auto-setup stuff does anyway. :) The
>> archive would just be a full text thing, no searching or anything.
>
>Does this mean I'm out of a job?  (8-)  Or would people still want
>access to the archives through HTML?  In which case, I'll just
subscribe
>twice, once to the digests and once 'normally', and archive the
digests.
>(Or are your archives available through HTML as well?	If they are,
>is there any way to integrate your archives and mine?)

The majordomo setup I tend to use just stores the digests and a daily
compilation from the main list (some different things, but they have
the same content) and allows people to get the files via email.  It
doesn't put them on the web, do any indexing, etc.  So yes, I would
say your stuff is still useful and valuable.

There is a package to directly put majordomo archives on the web with
glimpse searchs and everything, but the last time I tried to get it
working it failed really badly.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] Ogres