Prev: UFTWWWP Update, 11-10-98 Next: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:17:59 -0700
Subject: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:16:35 -0000, "Tim Jones" writes:
>>Depends which way Matt wants to play it. If he wants to take
>>it over to his
>>server (which might be a better option TBH) we need to set the
>>new list up
>>and either we all go and sub to that *or* (if he can do it that way) I
>>supply him with a list of all the subscribers emails and he
>>'creates' the
>>new lists membership from that.
>
>All un-sub from BI and then re-sub to colorado would
>probably be best. Those who don't want to join the new list
>don't have to and at least the others will get the join message
>from the new server. If people want to join for the digest then
>they can make that choice at Join time. This gives the benefit
>of losing those who are not that bothered anymore.

Possibly a good idea.  Also starts me out with a clean list so no
need of a house cleaning.

>The new server join message needs to be created to have the
>copyright disclaimer, list rules and the GZG Meta FAQ, plus the
>usual list server command summary.

Yep.  I'll need these files also from the current list.

>If the BI server list shuts down on a given day then use of the old
>address will just bounce back which should give people a clue
>that the list is gone.

That would work.  Or putting some kind of forwarding message there.

>Its your call admin, this is just a users view.
>
>FYI the majordomo list server commands are summarised on the
>FT Computer Core page for the Computer Discussion list. Just
>so people will know whats available on a new server.

The joys of majordomo. :)

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: UFTWWWP Update, 11-10-98 Next: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)