Prev: RE: FT : EW & Boarding Parties Next: Re: GZGL DSII SGII OT - Saving Private Ryan.

Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 18:23:48 -0500
Subject: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

Adrian spake thusly upon matters weighty:

You'd think the shock would mess you up. Specially since they
probably couldn't medicate you quick enough so you didn't feel it,
and just the loss of feeling in the limb would be jarring. I'm
thinking in any case you are a casualty (of course, if they can hook
right into your nerve system then all bets are off).

> >or just impregnate a layer in his clothes. or weave micropipes into
his
> >long johns and shirt, and when he gets hit, pump in clotters,
antiseptics,
> >painkillers, etc, so they spill out of the torn tubules where he was
hit
> >and apply themselves to the wound. i see PA having serious
automedical
> >capabilities ("WARNING! serious trauma to left leg detected! prepare
for
> >separation! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! <ka-CHUNG!> leg detatched and wound
sealed!
> >this has been an AutoMedSys intervention: have a nice day!"). medics
are
> >still there, but i think a lot of low-level stuff may be automated.
> >

> One of the power-armour science fiction stories I've read (maybe the
> Forever War???) had the suits with this kind of built-in medical
functions.
>  They had razor-sharp iris valves at each joint in the arms and legs,
so if
> you had a massive wound/suit penetration (especially in
zero-atmosphere or
> hostile-atmosphere environments) SNIP and the joint was sealed.  They
also
> had limb regrowth, so it wasn't completely dehabilitating...

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: FT : EW & Boarding Parties Next: Re: GZGL DSII SGII OT - Saving Private Ryan.