Prev: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi? Next: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:37:15 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> What is it? Bandage impregnated with human clotting factors.
> They are working on a foam for deeper wounds.

or just impregnate a layer in his clothes. or weave micropipes into his
long johns and shirt, and when he gets hit, pump in clotters,
antiseptics,
painkillers, etc, so they spill out of the torn tubules where he was hit
and apply themselves to the wound. i see PA having serious automedical
capabilities ("WARNING! serious trauma to left leg detected! prepare for
separation! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! <ka-CHUNG!> leg detatched and wound sealed!
this has been an AutoMedSys intervention: have a nice day!"). medics are
still there, but i think a lot of low-level stuff may be automated.

this is an interesting case of an inverse spinoff; we are often told of
the civiliian benefits of nasa and defence research spending, but here
the
military are benefitting from technology developed for the zealous
health-conscious american market. viva la capitalisma!

Tom

Prev: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi? Next: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]