Prev: Re: GZGL DSII SGII OT - Saving Private Ryan. Next: RE: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:59:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

At 09:27 AM 11/5/98 EST, you wrote:
>>24 infantry can make a company when other company elements are armored
and
>support. Check out your Task Force guidelines for modern US and RA
formations.
>platoons shuffled around to make up company sized task forces are the
rule -
>not the exception (besides theres also an eight man battle suit squad).

For sure!  In the Canadian army, you get infantry companies (with three
platoons, etc etc) but the company size formation of armour (an armoured
Squadron in our terms) will often have an attached infantry platoon.  A
company size formation with only one platoon of infantry is not at all
unusual - just would be armour heavy.

Prev: Re: GZGL DSII SGII OT - Saving Private Ryan. Next: RE: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)