Prev: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 00:43:14 -0800
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> hang on a tick john; i seem to remember you taking exactly the
opposite
> view on this a few months back. your main point was that in close
terrain,
> without adequate infantry support, tanks were easy prey. i think
our/my
> point was that this was true but that it would take deep incompetence
> let this come to pass. nice to have you on our side this time :-)!

I was assuming that the light infantry/engineers were properly equipped
and trained to a tech level compatible with the armor.	Given savages of
a flintlock or crossbow level, it becomes impossible.  I believe I also
qualified it with "in close terrain" or somesuch.

> armoured troop moving through a jungle, crossing a bridge, when locals
> take the bridge down, leaving the number 3 tank alone in close
terrain?

Unfortunately for the Ewoks, the Basil II is a grav tank and can crosss
the river anyway.  :(

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier