Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Re: Your unsubscribe request

[ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:00:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Rick Norman wrote:

> Watch a MkV (big,big, very big,)roll across the field, turning your
> tanks into radioactive dust is scary and accurate to the system, IMHO.
>
> Rick

Actually, Ogres in DS2 tend to die. We've played (the group of us here
in
Victoria) a couple games with Ogres, under various designs. They're big
targets, easy to hit, and you just whale on them until you draw a BOOM
or
a big handful of reds. (or you get MDCs or DFFGs in close, and kill it
that way. With four firecons and arty, Ogres kill several vehicles per
turn. But there's lots of fire incoming...

We've never used nukes, which would change things a lot - ds2 nukes are
much scarier than Ogre boardgame nukes. One of my regular gaming
partners
has a whole load of Ogre minis, however, so he's still trying to find a
way to re-create their power in DS2 without going completely over the
top.

DS2 is an armoured combat game - not a super tank game. Ogres tend to
bend
the construction system a great deal, and the combat system even more.
They are, however, very very cool...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/area51/nebula/9774 --DS2/SG2/gaming & misc--

Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Re: Your unsubscribe request