Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces, not necessarily in DSII

Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 23:01:16 -0600
Subject: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

At 07:01 PM 11/4/98 -0500, laserlight wrote:
>Good.	I play FT because it's quick and easy.	I don't play DS2,
>because it isn't.
>(Steve Jackson's "GEV", with some extra units, is about the level
>I'm looking for, although I may have to do some rules bashing to
>get the flavor right).
>
>I do want a sensor system, as I feel that that's likely to be one
>of the most important parts of space combat.  I also want it to be
>something I can put on a 3x5 card and not have to refer back to the
>rulebook to figure it out.

Bravo!	Well said!

I believe I'd have to agree with you on all of the above points.

GEV was a great board game, but I'm not quite sure if the Ogre Minis
rules
quite capture the "feel" of it, though.  It's also in need of a vehicle
design system.

So what ever happened regarding that suggestion to make DS1 freely
available?

Jeff

Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces, not necessarily in DSII