Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:07:40 EST
Subject: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

I've been creating some roughly 25mm sci-fi vehicles for Stargrunt and
2300 AD
by kit bashing Hot Wheels, friction toys and model kits. We all know how
few
and far between white metal vehicles in that scale are (not to mention
how
d****d expensive they are). A 99 cent (US) friction toy tank has been
changed
into a hover fighting vehicel.
	What I did roughly was remove the tracks and build up the sides
with
cardstock, put plastic hosing from a ventilator hose (my wife is an
Registered
Nurse and I can scrounge all sorts of things from unused medical
disposable
gear), The stubby little gun was not to intimidating, so I extended the
barrel
with nested different diameter soda straws to provide the gun tube and
cooling
sleeve. An MG from the ROCO Mini-tanks line provides the commander with
a gun,
two boxy missile launchers made from polymer clay provide missile or
decoy
launchers and a rubber stopper from an injectable med bottle provides a
drum
shaped phased array targeting system. Looks sharp! I have three of them
provide a hover tank platoon.
	Hot Wheels toys makes a wierd six wheeled vehicle with a radar
dish. I
removed the dish built up the sides of the vehicle with card stock,
provided a
flat deck, cut card stock and folded it to provide egress doors for the
infantry squad, added a round coupola and gun mount for the vehicle
commander
and I have a nifty six-wheel APC (three of them now) From a Zodiac style
boat
in that rough scale I created a larger Hover APC for the armored squad
of
battle suits, another six wheel vehicle is a RAM arty SP guise and yet
another
with a multi-barrel gun mount provides AAA and CFS for the company. A
couple
dozen infantry and six battle suit infantry and I have a well-rounded
StarGruntII company ready for the table.

Scott

Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare