Prev: Re: [erm] space mirrors Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 12:39:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:
> a grav tank with an 360 degree coverage with it's
> thermal imaging, from sensors imbedded in the skin all over the tank?
> And an AI to sort out the resulting flood of information.  Then we get
> into factors like computor-controlled APFCs and all of a sudden it's
not
> that much fun anymore.

hang on a tick john; i seem to remember you taking exactly the opposite
view on this a few months back. your main point was that in close
terrain,
without adequate infantry support, tanks were easy prey. i think our/my
point was that this was true but that it would take deep incompetence to
let this come to pass. nice to have you on our side this time :-)!

you are right, of course (since you agree with me), but you must admit
that if your Klib officer is thick enough to let a tank go off alone, he
might not be able to keep it out of dangerous ground. what about an
armoured troop moving through a jungle, crossing a bridge, when locals
take the bridge down, leaving the number 3 tank alone in close terrain?
then it's Ewok time.

Tom

Prev: Re: [erm] space mirrors Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare