Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 17:34:34 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Jeff Lyon wrote:
> <snip FMA-style EW rules>
> Uh, how about we stick to D6 for Full Thrust and leave FMA to other
games?

too late! doesn't MT use FMA rules somewhere? i seem to remember that it
does, but i'm not quite sure. ok, the following part of the email is
conditional.

#if (MT contains FMA)

see? told you so. this is just an extension of that. jon t opened the
floodgates, i'm just going through them.

#else

ah. oops. egg on face time. ok, scratch that. use BasEnhSup, but roll
one
d6 for each and score as per beam dice, producing ranges 0-2, 0-4, 0-6.
rerolls used according to preference (basic sensors vs super-stealth
ship
get two consecutive rerolls - the stealther maintenance crew have
decided
now would be a good time to dump the rubbish ...).

#endif

anyway, the FMA system is great. Psychic Tom predicts that full thrust
II
will use FMA.

pedantic note: we currently play either full thrust I second edition or
full thrust I second edition, fleet book revision. or, if we're mad,
full
thrust I first edition. true ft2 does not yet exist (afaik).

> Suggested quickie EW rules:
> You need firecon lock-on to fire.
> Allocate firecons.
> Normal sensors vs. normal target = automatic lock on (same as now).
> Stealth/ECM systems ala the Minbari in EFSB get to roll vs each
firecon in
> an attempt to negate lock on.
> Enhanced targeting sensors reduce the chances of success for the
Stealth/ECM.

that's what i was going to write, but my brain slipped. this system has
the edge of being backwardly compatible. in fact - _we are all using
this
system already!_. Jeff controls the horizontal... he controls the
vertical...

Tom

Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare