Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Adapting DS II to Fading Suns

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:53:07 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:
> Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > >	   Melee Militia Troops:
> > i think the trouble is that, unless your hi-tech forces have WW1
vintage
> > rifles, or a spear team is actually 30 men, any low-tech fellas are
going
> > to get mashed before they get anywhere near spear range. i mean,
even john
> > atkinsons's turks don't use spears :-).
> Hey!	I havn't put together my OPFOR pages yet.

actually, it was meant as a slight on your so-called romans :-). my
historical geography is pretty hazy.

>  Actually, if some
> dingbat wants to use these troops, I'd have no problem.  They'll just
> look rather funny after the tanks run over them.

and slightly more funny after you've noticed that their spears are in
fact
one-shot DFFG rams which have juat kebabbed your tanks ...

Tom

Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Adapting DS II to Fading Suns