Prev: Fw: gev units Next: Re: [erm] space mirrors

Re: FT: Indy hits with many p-torps, history made!

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 05:21:53 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: Indy hits with many p-torps, history made!

Tom,

Who said that it left Indy? Look carefully at his AAR and you'll
see that it's assumed a different form altogether.

I quote:
> > And while the NAC ended up losing both encounters
> > (the first one due to losing half the ships from reroll damage, the
> > second from not being able to hit all that often with beam weapons
> > early on),

Indy will now want to design ships with lots of p-torps and armor
and avoid beam weapons.  His opponents will now have excessive
rerolls. (Can you say Yahtzee with sixes?)

Jon

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Oh, spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
> Damn. That means the Malefic Probabilistic Skew Demon has been
> excorcised to once again seek a new victim upon whom to visit its
> psychic Heisenberg Unluck effect and on whom to feed..... I had hoped
> you would keep the Demon for now he may seek out other innocents far
> more easily demoralized by the unusually dismal luck this creature
> brings...
>
> .. Beware the Demon stalks..... where will it strike next.....
>
> (grin).
>
> >		 This is an ISN Headline News Report
> >
> > On the evening of October 30, 1998, one Indy met in reallife with
one
> > Noam Izenberg to engage in a couple of FT battles. The first was a
> > NAC/ESU battle (see also http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s2.html)
and
> > second one a NAC/NSL engagement (see also http://scivax.stsci.edu/
> > ~kochte/s5.html). And while the NAC ended up losing both encounters
> > (the first one due to losing half the ships from reroll damage, the
> > second from not being able to hit all that often with beam weapons
> > early on), the NAC/Indy DID make history - and Noam Izenberg was
there
> > to witness this event - as over the course of both games Indy, he
who
> > cannot hit the broad side of a barn from the distance of 2 feet with
> > baseball bat, hit with *7* out of **9** pulse torps!! Doing a total
of
> > 31 pts damage!
> >
> > Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Indy actually hit with nearly 80% of his
> > p-torps, and was squeezing an average of 4.5 pts damage out of them
> > per hit. The p-torp die were kind to Indy that night. This is not
the
> > second consecutive engagement Indy has had in RL where he hit with
torps
> > (the first one being a month or so ago against J Atkinson & bro, but
not
> > nearly that many torps were fired, and when they were, didn't do any
real
> > appreciable damage)
> >
> >		     End ISN Headline News Report
> >

> > Mk