Prev: SG scenario cards Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] A list of questions on TOE and logistics

OT Re: STL travel

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 03:32:09 EST
Subject: OT Re: STL travel

On the subject of "Gravitic" STL/FTL drives and interesting variants....
Anyone thought of using the "Fasset Drive" from the David Weber book,
(rumor
says it's soon to be a series too :) "Path of the Fury"?
The FD is a "tame" black hole generated in front of a ship toward which
it
"falls". It has an added advantage that it absorbs all incoming fire
from the
front arc of a ship, and the using ship can neither see or shoot around
it.
Go fast enough as I recall, at the right distance from the sun and you
"wormhole" out at FTL speeds. All around a great book and an interesting
idea
for a drive.
BTW: Though a freind and I discussed it, we never did get around to
reversing
the FT2 "rear arc restriction" and playing but it would be an
interesting
game.

Randy

Prev: SG scenario cards Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] A list of questions on TOE and logistics