Prev: Chat is on NOW! Next: Re: Fleet Control System

Re: [FT] SOF Insertion

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:42:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> > Insertion Methods:
> > Orbital Drop in Stealthed Drop Caps
> >	    - This could look like a meteor shower
> > Low Orbit Drop in Power Armour/Grav Chutes
> > Deployment Via Lander/Shuttle (with Stealth)
> >

> Deployment via parachute by low orbit insertion froma  Lander.
Stealthier
> than a drop cap. And less signatuire.

That was one option. But maybe the drop cap has enough stealth caps
and anti grav that it makes a quiet 'hole-in-the-sky' landing with no
detection. In which case it is just as good. But I think the drop cap
would work well if you had PA. Meteors hitting the ocean (even if
near shore) don't merit attention. Your PA SF guys then walk ashore
under water.

> > Deployment Via Main Vessel (if stealthed and capable of landing in a
> > sea or the like).
> > Infiltration as part of civilian crew/traffic
> >
> > Extraction
> > Grav Belt to High Altitude RV with Stealthed ship
> >

> This is sort of a modern Fulton. You get them up to high alt, even for
> few minutes of seconds and it's timed right by a snatch froma  lander.

Yep. Or Tractor Beam if you are hi-tech ish.

> > Stealthed Main Vessel (return to the sea, board ship, escape
> > offworld)
> > Stealthed Lander
> > Skyhook Extraction System on fast pass of stealthed lander
>
> A version of FULTON we call MPU (for message pick up)

Or maybe you have some sort of impact foam or bladder that you can
use to encase yourself for such High G pickups. Better odds than
today of survival.

> > Exfiltartion as part of civilian crew/traffic
>
> Another good method for populated worlds.
>

> > Go to ground for later extraction or to help in later operations (go
> > Native!)
> >

> (The usual method)--^

Or walk out. Only that doesn't work in space....
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Chat is on NOW! Next: Re: Fleet Control System