Prev: Re: MLP?!? (was Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers) Next: Re: Fleet Control System Revised

Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hellisthis?) [long]

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 20:41:43 +0100
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hellisthis?) [long]

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker erroneously wrote in reply to me:

> >?? Only if you use a modified re-roll rule, no? If you don't have any
> >re-roll at all, the range is 0 to 2; if you use the FB re-roll, the
range
> >is unlimited (but the probability of rolling very high is rather
> >minimal).
>
> Actually, if you're using the re-roll rule, you only get one re-roll,
so
> it's not "never ending." The first 6 gives a re-reoll, but a second 6
does
> not.

How much do you want to bet? (Preferrably a very large amount - US$1000
or so :-) )

Read FB, page 5, "Rerolls", 2nd paragraph, 2nd and 3rd sentences. I
quote: "If this reroll is ALSO a six, then apply the damage and roll
again. There is no limit to the number of rerolls you can make if you
keep throwing sixes (but if you get more than three in a row maybe you
should go out and buy a lottery ticket this week...!)."

So, if you use a house rule limiting the rerolls, you're correct. If you
use the FB reroll rule, I am right :-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: MLP?!? (was Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers) Next: Re: Fleet Control System Revised