Prev: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier Next: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?) [long]

Re: Medics in SG2

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 01:33:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Medics in SG2

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Try this sometime. The command section isn't. Your officer is an
> individual figure, as is your PSGT. You may have a small weap det or
> a sniper team or whatever. But treat your PSGT and officer as
> individual who can roam around and attach themselves to squads at
> their initiative. It might more closely resemble the kind of platoon
> operations I have seen.

Right.	That's what I was trying to describe.  Chalk it up to being too
late at night.	So my PLT looks like 3 squads, an anti-armor team, a
heavy weapons team, and 2 individuals.	Plus maybe EW guys or whatever
attached down from higher.

> > Ah. . . I tend to figure mine are armed at least with a pistol to
shoot
> > the wounded when the Muslims get to the hospitals, but those with a
less
> > genocidal view of their force's typical opponents may do otherwise.
>
> I note the UNSC medic seems to have an IPW.

Once things have deteriorated enough for the UN to get involved
civilized niceties like not using wounded and medics for bayonet
practice have probably gone out the window.

John M. Atkinson