Prev: Re: STL travel Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier

Re: Medics in SG2

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:50:01 -0800
Subject: Re: Medics in SG2

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Now, I've seen the command squad tied into a number of HW like SAWs,
> so your command squad is a 'covering fire' element for the manouvre
> squads (a weap det). In this configuration, command squads do see
> action fairly frequently.

I tend to (limited experience, so this is more theoretical than
battle-tested) want to split my "Command Squad" into several
detachments.  My LT and PSG are each wandering about taking charge at
vital points, and the rest is formed up into either heavy weapons dets
or Anti-armor teams.

> Here's a question: 2185 - Do medics travel armed? Or should we have
> some unarmed figures from each of the nationalities for medics?

Ah. . . I tend to figure mine are armed at least with a pistol to shoot
the wounded when the Muslims get to the hospitals, but those with a less
genocidal view of their force's typical opponents may do otherwise.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: STL travel Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier