Prev: Medics in SG2 Next: RE: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

RE: [FT] Counter Railgun techniques....

From: "Wasserman, Kurt" <wasku01@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:04:58 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Counter Railgun techniques....

Los,

Not that I am in favor of Kra'Vak dominance of the galaxy or anything
but...
<G>

If we go with the idea that a railgun shot is really a number of
hypervelocity projectiles, wouldn't it make more sense to apply the -1
modifier to the damage roll? (or even -1 to the Net Damage?)  Each PDS
that
hits would then degrade the incoming shot's damage since the PDS
wouldn't
actually interfere with the targeting ship.

On #3, I assume you mean each PDS "hit" on an incoming RG shot, eh?

On #4, I would allow the target to devote multiple PDS systems to RG
interception. (provided that each PDS hit degrades RG damage and not
modifies the RG "to hit" roll)

I like that the technique is only usable after the slugs have travelled
some
distance and that superior sensors are required.  Makes sense.

Can the PDS also make an "area" defense roll or is it specifically for
the
target?  Maybe if a ship with superior sensors and available PDS systems
are
within 3MU of a target ship, it can make a shot(using a fire control, of
course) to defend...

-=Kr'rt