Prev: OFF TOPIC ! Next: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell is this?)

Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:30:45 -0500
Subject: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

Jonathan spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> >Is this thread totally dead, or does anybody have thoughts.	I'm just
about
> >to start painting a platoon of ESU troopers, and have been looking
for
> >ideas for vehicle markings, etc....
> >Any thoughts on either idea here?
> TBH, I think any SG/DS period trooper wearing anything other than
> appropriate camoflague is dead meat very quickly on the battlefield. I
have
> one set of SG figures painted dark green /brown camo and one using
shades
> of grey urban/arctic camo. I doubt you would get any modern soldier to
wear
> a red/blue uniform in combat even if you issued them.

Of course, my advanced cammie-jammies may change colours to both
natural  terrain (whichever I'm in making me near invisible) or to a
dress uniform pattern (bright colours for parades). Maybe this
justifies hidden units (to poke another thread) as your troops blend
with the background.... (griN). And it justifies outrageous paint
jobs as the figures are merely in garrison dress or dress uniforms.

(As Mr. A would say, If you need the smiley to know I'm kidding,
you've got big problems...)

Tom.

Prev: OFF TOPIC ! Next: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell is this?)