Prev: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology Next: Re: [fh] nac vexilliology was Re: Awards and Anthems(andnowsomebackground) [OT] [HIST]

Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

From: Jonathan White <Jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:50:33 +0000
Subject: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

>Not that we want to get into an on-list debate about what should be
>on-list... but to add my 2 cents worth - I think it is worthwhile to be
Too late. It's *very* specifically stated in the subscription message
anyway. You *did* keep that didn't you?

>relevant.  Is there no place for that here?  In the last week, we've
>discussed Snipers, Genetic Engineering, Anthems, Ship Design ideas, FTL
>concepts, European Heraldry, etc etc - ALL of which have relevance to
the
>games and universe we are collectively creating.
That's as maybe. But the heraldry thread had moved too far away from
base
point -GZG games. I don't object to general discussions provided I can
see
a worthwhile path back to the use of a	GZG product. I don't think
*anyone*
would argue that whether a dragon is a dragon or a wyvern is *in any
way*
related to GZG at all.

>Is this thread totally dead, or does anybody have thoughts.  I'm just
about
>to start painting a platoon of ESU troopers, and have been looking for
>ideas for vehicle markings, etc....
>Any thoughts on either idea here?
TBH, I think any SG/DS period trooper wearing anything other than
appropriate camoflague is dead meat very quickly on the battlefield. I
have
one set of SG figures painted dark green /brown camo and one using
shades
of grey urban/arctic camo. I doubt you would get any modern soldier to
wear
a red/blue uniform in combat even if you issued them.

				TTFN
					Jon
-----
"Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be liberated and
expensive"
Jonathan White, Psychology Section, Bolton Institute
BWFC fans list site : www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist