Prev: [SG2] [DS2] Sniper factoids Next: (DSII) Question about Infantry Walkers

Re: FT Tournament ideas wanted

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:04:50 -0800
Subject: Re: FT Tournament ideas wanted

Robertson, Brendan <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:

[snip]

>Double elimination.

Single elimination might be much less of a headache, but double works
just
as well if you're ready to administer the extra games.

>4 x 2 hour games, 2 cinematic, 2 vector. Same fleet used for all games.

Why are you mixing the movement systems? I would guess that you don't
want
a specific "vector" or "cinematic" optimized fleet.

>2300 point fleets.  >50% of ships must be greater than 100 mass.
>Preregistered players can design their own fleets (no genre specific
>weapons).
>Late entries are restricted to 1 major power from the FTFB.

This seems unduely restrictive. A completely customised fleet is going
whomp an a fleet from one power out of the Fleet Book. At least allow
them
to use any design in the FB.

[snip]

Schoon

Prev: [SG2] [DS2] Sniper factoids Next: (DSII) Question about Infantry Walkers