Prev: Re: [FT] UN ship design (Danish Accuracy Next: [OT] Historical snipers(Was[DS and SG] Snipers)

Re: Paint schemes for different ships

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:01:52 -0600
Subject: Re: Paint schemes for different ships

I was pleased to see that my ESU flottila tends to match one part of the
canon, though I went for a darker green, with the WWII Soviet tank color
in
mind. Ended up using an old GW Snotling green; a bit brighter, but which
think is quite spiffy. The comments about the insignia being red is a
bit
confusing, though. I thought it was gold on a field of red. Actually, I
tried doing gold star and bars, but on most ships it's so crudely done
as
to be impossible to fathom. ;->=

As for the naval characters, in the FB, it's BK followed by the Cyrillic
'f', an infinity sign bisected by a vertical line. Someone else said the
ships themselves would be BKK, as in BKK Gorshchov. I'm getting better
with
PIGMA brushes, but not confident enough to try lettering.

The_Beast

PS. I seemed to be the only one in my little group much beyond base
black/highlight white-grey. I'm a lousy/lazy painter, but thought the
fleets should have SOME identity.

Prev: Re: [FT] UN ship design (Danish Accuracy Next: [OT] Historical snipers(Was[DS and SG] Snipers)