Prev: RE: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

Re: [FT] UN ship design

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:21:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] UN ship design

> I suspect they'd
> 1) Have some tech no one else has

where'd they get it from?

> Of course, if you think the UN is toothless and useless,

yup.  (suppressing a Political Rant with some difficulty).

>you might
> say they are:
> 1) small in number, not large in size
> 2) designed for economy, not tech
> 3) subject to some really variable crew quality
> 4) captained by men afraid to damage their ships due to the
> difficulty of the UN affording repair - timid captains.

5) subject to serious ROE limits.  "You can't shoot them until AFTER
they've killed you, Jones."
6) often unarmed. "We're only here as observers." "Captain, I observe
incoming fire." "Hm.  Well, try not to bleed to much, we're short of
bandages."

Prev: RE: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown