Prev: 7th Cav. Next: RE: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers

RE: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 13:27:56 +1000
Subject: RE: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

Hmm,

Well Los, seems that you have an Australian Battalion organisation
almost
exactly here! Add a fourth Rifle company and it is just about picture
perfect!

Three 3 man teams(Groups) is doctrine for Oz; Section Commander (Oz
Cpl/US
Sgt) and two scouts make the Command Group, then with teh doctrine being
implemented for the Minimi you have two groups of a Minimi and two
rifles;
one of these is designated the Gun Group and contains the section 2IC
LCpl.
The philosophy of the 'buddy' system is imperative in a team framework.
The
the three groups provide a 'Seco' the flexibility to respond to any
situation. He will always have 'One foot on the ground' and depending on
the
threat level can have one element moving and two providing cover or two
moving and one covering.

The fourth Rifle Company gives the CO greater flexibility in
establishing a
cut off or providing a Brigade Reserve, although with a fixed nuber of
troops given to a Division manning you obvisouly end up with less
Manouver
Units (Battalion being the basic MU).

Now how do we see the ESU or other 'human wave' types unfolding??

Cheers,

Owen