Prev: Re: EMP (was Re: Space crews and solar flares. ) Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:21:56 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Rick Norman wrote:
> As an ulgy American, I thought that NAC would be poltical domaninced
> by the UK-controlled "United Parliment" and Prime Minster. Northern
> American Member states would have its own Senate and Houses of
> Reprenstives for regional concens. Former LLAR states would have fewer
> rights and more oversight. In conflicts bewteen different groups
> either Brits Parilment or The Crown would final responiblity and
> say.<Rule of Sumpracy>. Cutural I think America would be the major
> force to reckon with by total population alone. I think a few American
> would buy into House of Lord for prestiage involved.

i'm not sure that the us would remain a single political entity under
the
crown, as it would have too much powr; i can see it being broken down
into
units of about five states each (New England, Greater Florida, Southern
British Columbia, etc), each of which is on roughly equal terms with
britain and canada, each having a governor, and asssembly and sending a
small number of people to parliament. divide and conquer.

Tom