Prev: Re: (OT) Dice - Got a good source? Next: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

From: Randall Case <tgunner@e...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:03:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

Adrian Johnson wrote:

>   Those darned Americans - do we have to go burn the
> Whitehouse again?
> :)

LOL!! Sorry sir, that particiular 'bon fire' is something we southerners
reserve
for ourselves!	; ) But heck, the place does need it... ; )

I'm the usual NAC player around these parts, so I'll toss out what I do.
For the
most part, I assume that the NAC Army absorbed all three armys and their
traditions. Regular formations were absorbed and their traditions stand,
here is
an example:

1st Brigade (The Devil Brigade), 1st NAC Infantry (Space Mobile)- The
Big Red One

1st Battalion, 16th Infantry  (Wolf Pack) (light infantry)
1st Battalion, Hampshire Regiment (light infantry)
2d Battalion, Cold Stream Guards (mechanized infantry)
1st Battalion, 5th Artillery Regiment (Hamilton's Own)
C Company (Fighting Aces), 2d Battalion, 34th Armoured Regiment
(Dreadnoughts)

The Division wears the 'red one' shoulder flash, and carrys the honors
of the 1st
U.S., 1st U.K., and 1st Canadian Divisions. Odds are that the following
two
brigades would have more 'British' and 'Canadian' units in them.
However, none of
the units are pure national units- all units would have a mix of NAC
citizens (my
company of the 34th Armour would sure enough have Americans, Canadians,
British,
and South Americans in it).

A second unit that I use is this outfit:

31st Brigade, NAC Territorial Force (24th NAC Infantry Division)

1st Battalion, Alabama Territorial Regiment (The Queen's Own Huntsville
Rifles)
1st Battalion, Tennessee Territorial Regiment (Duke of Nashville's Light
Infantry)

1st Battalion, Georgia Territorial Regiment (The North Georgia
Highlanders)
D Squadron, Alabama Yomanry (Montgomery Hussars)
1st Battalion, Washington Light Artillery Regiment (New Orleans' Own)

This Brigade is a rather common Territorial Brigade that has been
assigned to a
Regular Division. The 31st is a mixture of units drawn from several
southeastern
states, and includes a historic unit that is part of the Louisiana
Territorial
Force (the Washington Light Artillery saw plenty of action during the
Civil War).
This brigade is a roundout component to the 24th Infantry, I would
imagine that
other Territorial units would flesh out mobilization divisions.

As an amusing side note: the Queen's Own Huntsville Rifles saw action
once during
a scenario which featured a 'cross Channel' assault by units from the
FSE!
Alabama mountain boys defending Dover and Kent! LOL!!

"Hey sarge, whar did ya say them 'Euries' landed?"

"Down yonder by Dover town, I reckon 'bout 10 klicks. Guess them 'red
coats' gonna
hog up all the action"

"Well, I's never been able to miss a good shinny. I came over to this 'a
here
England to see some action, and by gommit, I's mean too- Ya'on 'to
Sarge?

"Awwwwright... on your feet ya bunch in-bred, yankee-want-to-be's,
there's a war
on and Her Majesty has sent ya'll an ingraved invitation! Gonna show
them city
slicker, limey soldier boys how REAL riflemen shoot! MOVE  IT!!"

Prev: Re: (OT) Dice - Got a good source? Next: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown