Prev: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown Next: Re: EMP (was Re: Space crews and solar flares. )

Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:33:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Thomas spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> <not-serious>

> if anthing, it was a canadian ploy; these people, seemingly so
innocent
> and goodwilled, are in fact a nation of insane megalomaniacs who will
stop
> at nothing to absorb the rest of the world into their evil pluralist
> federation!

Mr. Mauve, It seems this Thomas character has learned of our plans.
He must be dealt with.

Yes, Sir. I'll send a squad of the RCMP out to pepper spray and billy
club him. We can't do that? Oh yes, only  protesters. Hmm.  All
right, we'll send Lucien Bouchard over to convince him that not all
Canadians believe in pluralism.... maybe that will throw him off the
scent....

> > under the monarch of the U.K.... no problem!  We get the
> > King every few months (tourist dollars), plus we get to fill
Parliament with
> > American MPs.
>
> and, of course, the american constituencies are ten times larger than
the
> british ones,and so return half as many mps, and there are property
> qualifications for full citizenship for american-born subjects.

And you'll never find an American (except maybe someone from New
England) in the House of Lords.

> </not-serious>

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown Next: Re: EMP (was Re: Space crews and solar flares. )