Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering...

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:53:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering...

> Stuart Murray wrote:

(snip of stuff I didn't know anything about)

Binhan then responded:

> Then again you could ignore the factors, or use them to sway the
probabilities
> to produce a large batch of raw material which then is screened or
trained
> to proper levels.  Much like the system is today, except that you
would
increase
> the baseline of the material entering the system.  I could see creche
type
> situations where dozens of clones are trained in the arts of war...
Hmmm
> sounds alot like that movie Soldier coming out...

If you're ready for a serious read, try Donald Kingsbury's book
_Courtship
Rite_.	You will probably have to read it twice or more to catch
everything
(and if not, don't tell me).  In a simplified form, the concept is: Each
clan is tied in with an occupation, and success at that occupation means
you get to breed.  The clans who are Porters tend to get strength and
endurance.  The clans who are rulers tend to develop foresight.  The
clans
of warriors tend to develop tactical and strategic skill.

Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)