Prev: Re: Space carrier fighter philosphyRe: ADLER TAG AAR Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering...

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:14:59 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering...

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Beth Fulton wrote:
> Maybe such "enhanced"
> individuals would make up the body of troops/crews used in really high
> stress situations and you'd have good old joe bloggs every where else,
or
> maybe the forces we'd see in the field would all be "enhanced"....

growing altered humans is going to get real easy and real soon (and
probably real illegal). i can envisage a future where, rather than
enlisting citizens in your army, you just grow some gorilla-human
modified
hybrid (big and tough but smart and agile, just not given to thinking
politics), train it with the old
neurolinguopsychohypnochemoelectrognostic
methods and give it a gun. and give the officers little AI boxes to do
tactics (like those little round computers in buck rogers). jobs
demanding
real thinking - staff, intel and special forces, mainly, would use real
-
if modified - humans. likewise, your navy will actually be crewed by
powder and grease monkeys: think how useful a prehensile tail would be
in
zero g! hey, why stop there: two prehensile tails ("and here we have my
finest creation: a monkey with four asses" - mephisto)! there will be
crew
country, officer country and human country, where the six or seven
humans
who actually direct the ship live. it's all true, i swear!

> Anyway just chewin' the cud.

well i've just figured out what my 4th year project is ... MWAHAHAHA!

Tom