Prev: Re: Suicide Fighters Next: Re: Theater Air Defense Systems

Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:55:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

Phillip spake thusly upon matters weighty:

25 points means I can hold one size 3 APC in a cargo point. How many
troops awake can I accomodate with a CP? (assuming I need to travel
with them). How many in cold sleep? (I assume this is how Marine
assault ships would ship 90% of their contingent). Got any quotations
from the rules or suggestions to answer these?

> Hello,
>	In the past I have posted point systems that allowed a cross
over from
> DirtSide down to StarGrunt and a reasonable point system to go with
it.
>	In DirtSide II an Aerospace fighter is a size three vehicle that
could
> contain up to 15 CC.	In DirtSide II a vehicle can fit within another
> vehicle but takes up 8/5 * CargoCapacity of the vehicle being stored.
> Therefore an Aerospace fighter being placed within a bay would take 15
* 8
> / 5 worth of cargo space (24).  We've already discovered that a
standard FT
> ship would essentially double in size in the new Fleet Book rules.
> Therefore, it makes sense that a ship being built in the new Fleet
Book
> system can hold 25 CC per mass devoted to cargo.
>	If you look at the cost of the Aerospace fighter and other
vehicles you'll
> find that a reasonable conversion rate from Full Thrust to DirtSide is
one
> Fleet Point  = 100 DirtSide/StarGrunt Points.
>	With this in hand we should be able to build a complete
crossover to work
> into the Imperium system or other campeign generator systems.
>	Phil P.
>
> Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Suicide Fighters Next: Re: Theater Air Defense Systems