Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: Spoiler (was Re: An idea for a new weapon (semi-OT])

Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:26:47 -0700
Subject: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

Hello,
	In the past I have posted point systems that allowed a cross
over from
DirtSide down to StarGrunt and a reasonable point system to go with it.
	In DirtSide II an Aerospace fighter is a size three vehicle that
could
contain up to 15 CC.  In DirtSide II a vehicle can fit within another
vehicle but takes up 8/5 * CargoCapacity of the vehicle being stored.
Therefore an Aerospace fighter being placed within a bay would take 15 *
8
/ 5 worth of cargo space (24).	We've already discovered that a standard
FT
ship would essentially double in size in the new Fleet Book rules.
Therefore, it makes sense that a ship being built in the new Fleet Book
system can hold 25 CC per mass devoted to cargo.
	If you look at the cost of the Aerospace fighter and other
vehicles you'll
find that a reasonable conversion rate from Full Thrust to DirtSide is
one
Fleet Point  = 100 DirtSide/StarGrunt Points.
	With this in hand we should be able to build a complete
crossover to work
into the Imperium system or other campeign generator systems.
	Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: Spoiler (was Re: An idea for a new weapon (semi-OT])