Prev: GZG LIST: new address for Laserlight Next: GZG Chat?

Re: [DS2] Heavy Gear ?

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:16:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS2] Heavy Gear ?

At 05:04 PM 10/15/98 +1000, you wrote:
>I've recently been reading the Heavy Gear Tactical rules and have quite
>impressed with the elegance of some aspects of therules system.

It's a fun game, though it can take a little while to learn.

>I seem to recall that late last year there was a little discussion
about a
>conversion to DS/SG...
>I was wondering if anyone actually got around to it in the end (and
thereby
>save me a little work <g> ?)

Well, kinda. ^_^;  I've got several pages of notes and the like,
including
some points values, but I haven't dug them out of the pile of boxes
that're
still left over from my (not-so-recent) move.  I'll see what I can find.
As I recall, the various autocannon and large-caliber guns generally
translate well (LACs are 20mm, so are RFAC/1s, for example, and the VLFG
think I called a HVC/3... snub cannon was a DFFG) but the rocket pods
and
other weapons are kinda tough.	HRPs do well as SLAMs, but anything
lighter
doesn't work... for one thing, a SLAM/3 is hard to fit on anything but
the
larger Gears to begin with.  In Stargrunt, I was calling the rocket pods
one or two those funky power armor one-shot salvoes, but there's no real
equivalent in Dirtside.

>There is quite a rich background filled with various organisations at
all
>levels that is just crying for some Dirtside action !

Well, I can't say I did anything with the organizational stuff, but I'll
try to dig out my DSII conversions over the weekend.  Come to that, I
should probably toss 'em up on my web page....

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: GZG LIST: new address for Laserlight Next: GZG Chat?