Prev: [DS2] Heavy Gear ? Next: RE: Military Interrogation [OT]

Re: Military Interrogation [OT]

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:46:14 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: Military Interrogation [OT]

> Apparently, it is a big really thickly padded suit. The helm has
> bright white light and white noise broadcast inside it. When wearing
> it, you can't feel anything (nearly). No part of your flesh is able
> to touch or feel any other part. When moved by your captors, you
> can't really feel it, you just feel a force moving you rather than a
> defined push or grab. Apparently, you can't sleep, can't hear
> anything but white noise, can't see anything but white light.
>
> I think any proper future MI unit will have enhanced versions of this
> with Grav Dampers so you can't even feel gravity and maybe even some
> type of broadcaster that broadcasts mental static too. Enough to make
> you spill your guts even faster than the average 8 hours this
> contraption takes.
>
> Something to think about.....

Sounds a lot like the holding cell in the Sci-fi film "Outland" where
the prisoner is placed
in a vacuum suit in a cell with no gravity or atmosphere. And to top it
off they switch the
lights off :)

I think the line that Sean Conery uses in the film is. "most people
start to go a little
crazy at night when they can't feel the floor". I know what he means.

Jeremey

Prev: [DS2] Heavy Gear ? Next: RE: Military Interrogation [OT]