Prev: Re: FB Fighter Questions (longish) Next: Re: Military Interrogation [OT]

Military Interrogation [OT]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:56:15 -0500
Subject: Military Interrogation [OT]

I was just speaking to a friend undergoing some Interrogator
Training, and he was describing to me the current State of The Art
(well unclassified) in Mil Interrogation. They call it 'the suit'.

Apparently, it is a big really thickly padded suit. The helm has
bright white light and white noise broadcast inside it. When wearing
it, you can't feel anything (nearly). No part of your flesh is able
to touch or feel any other part. When moved by your captors, you
can't really feel it, you just feel a force moving you rather than a
defined push or grab. Apparently, you can't sleep, can't hear
anything but white noise, can't see anything but white light. I think
the longest he said that any of the students or real prisoners his
instructor had used this on in Desert Storm managed was 18 hours
before spilling his guts. No drugs. No Physical Torture. No real
privation (they even put a straw in from a camelpack so you can
drink). Just an awful, mind numbing sound and a light that cannot be
ignored. You can't even whack yourself in the head to feel something.

I think any proper future MI unit will have enhanced versions of this
with Grav Dampers so you can't even feel gravity and maybe even some
type of broadcaster that broadcasts mental static too. Enough to make
you spill your guts even faster than the average 8 hours this
contraption takes.

Something to think about.....
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: FB Fighter Questions (longish) Next: Re: Military Interrogation [OT]